Balancing Delight and Metrics in Product Design with Adam Nash
In software, competition is fierce, so it makes sense that companies push design concepts based on metrics. Adam Nash, Vice President of Product and Growth at Dropbox, believes that’s only half the battle. On today’s episode, Adam talks to Peter about the importance of listening to and delighting customers when making product decisions.
Tune in to learn why Adam believes so strongly in the concept of delight and how he balances metrics with listening to customer requests when crafting product strategy.
- [01:06] - Transitioning to product management
- [04:20] - Strategy, prioritization, & execution
- [06:50] - Articulating strategy
- [09:53] - Driving product teams
- [13:51] - Making prioritization easier
- [17:18] - The three bucket system
- [17:44] - Metrics movers
- [18:37] - Customer requests
- [22:25] - Delight features
- [27:37] - Making delight part of team practice
CTO Connection is where you can learn from the experiences of successful engineering leaders at fast growth tech startups. Whether you want to learn more about hiring, motivating or managing an engineering team, if you're technical and manage engineers, the CTO Connection podcast is a great resource for learning from your peers!
If you'd like to receive new episodes as they're published, please subscribe to CTO Connection in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a review in Apple Podcasts. It really helps others find the show.
This podcast episode produced by Dante32.