Setting Up Infrastructure to Scale with Adam Miller
Infrastructure dictates scalability. No one understands this better than Adam Miller, Vice President of Engineering at Roblox. On today’s episode, Adam sat down with Peter to discuss the unique challenges of setting up infrastructure to scale for a game platform with a lot of moving parts.
In today’s episode, Peter and Adam discuss the challenges of managing hundreds of employees drawing from the same code, scaling infrastructure, and the limitations of cloud storage for the platform model.
- [00:53] - Adam Miller, Vice President of Engineering, Technology at Roblox
- [01:03] - Making an impact in engineering through leadership
- [02:31] - The path to product/market fit
- [04:45] - Enabling a new type of human co-experience with Roblox
- [06:21] - Architecture of the metaverse
- [10:13] - Building a scaling infrastructure
- [14:08] - Exposing persistent data
- [17:20] - Assumptions about the cloud
- [19:08] - Switching to microservices
- [23:46] - Flexibility with smaller teams
CTO Connection is where you can learn from the experiences of successful engineering leaders at fast-growth tech startups. Whether you want to learn more about hiring, motivating or managing an engineering team, if you're technical and manage engineers, the CTO Connection podcast is a great resource for learning from your peers!
If you'd like to receive new episodes as they're published, please subscribe to CTO Connection in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a review in Apple Podcasts. It really helps others find the show.
This podcast episode produced by Dante32.