Creative Product Delivery at Scale with Colin Bodell, CTO @ Groupon
Colin Bodell, CTO of Groupon, joins Peter Bell to discuss how to balance being open to unexpected opportunities while still delivering on today’s commitments, encouraging idea-sharing from all levels of an engineering organization and what differentiates leaders from managers.
- [00:27] The need to stay open to unexpected discoveries
- [02:38] How to remain open to those unplanned opportunities while still delivering promised business objectives
- [05:12] The boldness required to surface the alternative solution
- [06:30] How identifying entrepreneurial flare plays into the hiring process
- [08:06] Teaching managers inclusivity tactics to ensure everyone has a voice
- [09:40] How to have a meaningful impact with a team of more than 1k engineers
- [13:52] How Colin’s career path evolved and his current role and career goals
- [16:16] What differentiates a manager from a leader and the value of both
- [16:47] What Colin is most proud of in his career
If you'd like to receive new episodes as they're published, please subscribe to CTO Connection in Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving a review in Apple Podcasts. It really helps others find the show.
Episode produced by Dante32.